project four explanation

For this project, I ended up doing what I wanted to do on paper, via the internet, without any special program.

In MS Paint, I drew a house sitting on a hill (picture #1) and sent it to someone to add to it. I told them they could DRAW anything they wanted.. Simple or extravant. Relevant or random. Once they were done, they sent it back to me. From there, I sent it to someone else, and the cycle repeated. I sent it to about 14 people, each time saving it as a different picture. In the end, I got something that I never expected from the house I drew, but hey, that's what this project is all about, right?! The unexpected when other people participate..?

The funny thing was that someone drew a VT symbol, which turned into a flag, which turned into a flag pole for everyone to represent their school. THAT became the main drawing, rather than my house. The even better part.. The WVU flag was drawn by the VCU person.. Not someone from WVU, even though I sent it to more Mountaineers than anything.

Some people made really big changes that are VERY obvious when scrolling down through the pictures. Others made simple changes that you might have to look at for a while in order to catch. And, some people drew things simple, like a 2nd grade art project.. Which is what I expected out of this. Others drew things that pertained to them, or the current times, like the Obama sign. It makes it even more of a "piece of art" because it could represent history some day. One day I might stumble upon this again and think "Wow, that was right after Obama was elected. Now we have a woman president!" or "That's awesome, I remember exactly where I was for all of this" etc.. :)

It's always interesting to see what peoples' imaginations can (or can't) come up with when it comes to something like this. Though I didn't get what I expected (and maybe wanted from the beginning), it was more important to make it a "group" effort.. So I technically got what I wanted, just not what I envisioned. It was fun. :)

0 comments: