final project

For my final project, I went to the gym where I workout for gymnastics and taped everyone who was working out. I let them choose some things that they did, and also asked them to do certain things. For some of them, I was able to keep the camera in the same spot, in order to keep the background the same. Other times, I couldn't, but it was okay.

The reason I did this is to create a video of different gymnastics skills being performed by different people. In the video, the person changes throughout the skill. I edited it using Final Cut Pro, and made sure that when the person changed, both people were in the same position, so that it flowed nicely.



Overall, I'm pretty impressed with how it turned out. I imagined it coming out better, but I wasn't sure that it would work/come out perfect. I think that a couple times I pulled off the transition really well to the point where you can't tell it changes unless you watch really closely.

This works with the everyday life for all of us gymnasts. We all practice the same skills over and over again, and watch each other do it a million times. We all have our own way of doing the different skills, but in the end, it's the same skill, and really, nothing dramatically varies person to person.

I absolutely love this video, and the only thing I would have changed was to have some sort of music behind it. However, I couldn't think of the "perfect" song, and I had originally thought about keeping the original background music for effect, but it had too much of an effect. So, I'm very happy about this, and have already shared it with TONS of my gymnastics friends, and they are all ecstatic about it, too! :)

0 comments: